Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer's Bounty

Of course these photos were taken a few weeks ago, right at the tail end of July when the summer really peaks in my neck of the woods, but posting in a timely manner is beyond me at this point.


I love the summer peak. When my flower garden is flooded with color.


Even the unmowed lawn looks lovely. A field of wildflowers.


And our garden is blossoming. My favorite is the Asparagus bean, just based on the lovely blossom it produces.


We went with raised boxes this year. The native clay soil was beating us down. And I knew weeding was out of the question for me this year. So far we're pleased. But when the plant does well it just seems to attract more pests. You win some and you lose some.


And of course my absolute favorite thing to come this summer....
fresh, ripe tomatoes. My mouth is watering at the thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!